SERVICE PROJECTS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED
The Rotary Club of Thimphu is part of the global network of Rotary Clubs that number over 35,000 clubs worldwide. Worldwide Rotary Members number over 1.2 million – spread over 200 countries around the world. As part of expanding foreign relations initiative, the Rotary Club of Thimphu was established by the Royal Government of Bhutan on April 24, 2012.
Although among the world’s youngest Clubs, Rotary Club of Thimphu has undertaken service projects that are the envy of much older and larger Clubs around the world. The Club’s service projects that have been successfully implemented include the following:
13. Contributed Nu. 60,000.00 worth of Blankets & T-shirts to Draktsho School for the Disabled, Kanglung
14. Drinking water supply to Medhagang Primary School, Punakha
15. Contributed desktop computer, laptop computer, printer, AV and Projection system, and agriculture farm tools & implements to Silambi Primary School
16. Contributed 10HP Power Tiller and spares/consumables to Khengrig Namsum Cooperative worth Nu.250,000.00.
17. Contributed one desktop computer to Bhutan Toilet Organization
18. MoU worth Nu.6.864 million under process with multiple Rotary Clubs around the world for the purchase and installation of 6 Dialysis Machines. These machines will be installed at the JDWNRH and other Bhutanese National Referral Hospitals around the country
19. Hosting of the Rotary International District 3292 Annual Conference – 2017 where over 1,000 international participants are expected to attend
20. Support for solar fencing and provision of farm mechanization to Khenrig Namsum Cooperative, Zhemgang – with Rotary Club of Handa, Japan
21. Drinking and Hand Wash Water Supply Project at the Zilukha Middle Primary School, in collaboration with Rotary Club of Kushiro, Japan
22. Support for construction of play facilities for the physically challenged students at the Changangkha Middle Secondary School, Thimphu
23. ECG machine and bedding material for Paro Hospital
24. Funding for a destitute nursing trainee at Reldri Nursing School, Phuentsholing
25. Acupuncture Treatment Project for Migraine treatment – by an Acupuncturist from USA
26. Funding for Summer Camp & Awareness Tour for 20 small children of Langdurbi School, Zhemgang – in collaboration with writer Chador Wangmo
27. Hosting of exchange students from Handa, Japan
28.Gelephu SEN (Special Education Needs) project. Training to SEN teachers in Kathmandu, Nepal
29. The six GLSS SEN teachers pose with the Vice President of National Federation of the Disabled, Nepal and Ms. Sabita Upreti, Head of Special School for the Disabled & Rehabilitation Center, Kathmandu.
30. GLSS’s full set of SEN teachers and Members pose with the TV & Computer system donated to the school as part of the project
31. The Babesa LSS Principal flanked by our Club President and Community Services Director during the hand-over of the 1st of the two filtered and UV treated safe drinking water to the school.
32. Dr. Tapas Gurung, Medical Superintendent of Gelephu Central Regional Referral Hospital along with some hospital staff pose for photo shoot during handover of the donation
33. Supply of three deep freezers to Gelephu Central Referral Hospital in order to store unclaimed dead bodies or those bodies which cannot be moved out due to their occurrence of death on inauspicious day.
34. Supply of filtered drinking water with UV treatment to the student of Babesa Middle Secondary School.
35. Completion of Migraine Treatment Project Take II (which took place at Paro and Punakha)
Copyright © 2017 Rotary Club of Thimphu. All Rights Reserved
Designed & Developed by iDruk Solutions